Bursaries will be available for early-career researchers who submit an abstract and who fulfil the following conditions:
- Present a communication as the first author, and must submit an abstract during the registration process before the abstract submission deadline
- Be, or have been, a student at an institution of higher learning in a country with a FEBS Constituent Society
- Be a member of a FEBS Constituent Society
- Be a registered student or within 5 years of receiving a Ph.D.
- Be travelling from their current country of residence (any other than Germany)
- Not have received a fellowship from the Youth Travel Fund to attend an Advanced Course in the current year.
Online application is expired! Notification will be send out in the beginning of April.
If you do not have a valid FEBS membership and wish to join a FEBS Constituent Society, please contact the corresponding organization in your country of origin. You can find the current list of FEBS Constituent Societies in the “members” section of the FEBS website.
Bursaries will only cover the early bird registration fee – travel and accommodation expenses will not be included. Applicants have to register for the early bird rate of €200 through the online registration portal and make the payment. If the application is successful, recipients will be notified via e-mail. They will be reimbursed after the conference by bank transfer.
Please note: you have to appear in person and provide your ID for check-in at the congress venue (July 4-9, 2015, Berlin, Gernany). You will receive a form to provide your bank account information at the check-in.
Travel assistance for young GBM members:
Members of the German Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (GBM) cannot apply for FEBS bursaries. Young GBM members who present an abstract at the congress are eligible to apply for travel assistance directly at GBM.
Please note: the application deadline for GBM travel assistance is April 30, 2015.
For further details please contact Ms Sabine Hähnke-Metzen: .